Benson // w1d3
Planned schedule and activities
9:00 am: Welcome again!
- Make/drink coffee, get settled in.
9:15 am: The iterative design process
- How we use it to do projects in data science
- A example with a recent Datascope project
10:00 am: Brainstorming time
- Brainstorm as a class
- Benson project groups of 3-4
- Brainstorm within your project group
12:00 pm: Lunch time. Brain food.
1:30 pm: Benson project work:
- Write Benson client email
- Continuing with Benson/MTA challenge problems
5:00pm-ish: time to beat commuter traffic
Link to Design talk, in our github repo
7 Rules for brainstorming
- defer judgment
- encourage wild ideas
- build on ideas of others
- stay on topic
- one conversation at a time
- be visual
- go for quantity
More details on brainstorming rules.
Benson small-group brainstorms
- Who is your client and what did they ask you to do?
- What do we have or could we theoretically give them from our subway data?
- What are the shortcomings of the subway data? What might we do to better help them solve their problem?